Answered By: Heather Cook
Last Updated: Aug 17, 2018     Views: 45

You can use WorldCat to submit an interlibrary loan request for a book that is not owned by Jennings Library.  Once you've searched the catalog and identified the item you want, navigate to the Detailed Record for the item by clicking on its title.  Then click on the ILL icon, which will take you to the form for interlibrary loan requests.  Requests must be submitted with your Caldwell University email address.

For more information check out the Research Guide on ILL:

You may also be able to go to another library and borrow books yourself.  Caldwell students, faculty, and staff can borrow books from various member libraries of the VALE consortium.  Consult the lists of VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Participating Libraries for Faculty and Staff, Graduate Students, or Undergraduate Students to determine if you qualify for on-site borrowing privileges at the library you are interested in visiting.  Before visiting a VALE library, you will first need to fill out a VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Application Form, available at the Jennings Library Information Desk.

Reciprocal borrowing is also available from many Essex County libraries, including several academic libraries, through the ReBL program.  Stop by the Information Desk or call 973-618-3337 to find out if you qualify for ReBL borrowing privileges.

Related Topics

Submit a Question

Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.