Answered By: Lauren Fowler Last Updated: Jan 12, 2016 Views: 15
Jennings Library offers several citation and research tools that can help you with your research and keep you organized while working on multiple projects.
- EasyBib: Keep track of your sources and properly cite them in MLA, APA, or Chicago. Sign up for a free account to save bibliographies and notes, and to access additional citation styles.
- ProQuest Flow: Allows you to track articles and citations as you conduct your research. You can highlight PDF files, create citations and bibliographies, and use a word processor plugin to cite as you write.
- Zotero: A citation management program that can be installed as a stand-alone desktop application, or as a browser add-on. Install plugins into your word processing software to insert citations as you write.
- Database tools: In most of the library's databases, you can retrieve the citation information for an article by emailing the article to yourself, or including the citation on the print options page when printing the article or saving it to PDF.
- Diigo: Social bookmarking software that will allow you to highlight and take notes on webpages you bookmark using the Diigo toolbar; share links with others publicly or in groups; and keep bookmarks synced between multiple computers.
Some tools require you to use your Caldwell.edu e-mail address to register for them; others are free to use. Many of these tools also have App versions available which can be used on the Library's iPads or on your own tablets or other portable devices.
For more information about these tools, check out our guide to Tech Tools using the link below.