Answered By: Lauren Fowler Last Updated: Oct 01, 2015 Views: 3
To schedule a library session please fill out and submit the Information Literacy Instruction Form. All requests will be confirmed. Any questions or concerns about instruction sessions should be directed to Heather Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org, 973-618-3696).
To ensure that your library instruction session is successful, we offer these suggestions:
- Contact the library at least two weeks prior to your desired date for library instruction.
- Schedule the session close to the time when students will actually need to be using the library.
- Give a copy of the assignment and/or syllabus to the librarian who will be meeting with your class.
- Accompany your class to the library session and add your comments and questions.
Some of the topics covered in Information Literacy Instruction sessions include:
- General introduction to the Library
- Advanced research methods
- Searching the Library’s databases for articles
- How to find books in the Library’s online catalog
- Evaluation of sources
- Citing sources
For more information, check out our Faculty Guide to Information Literacy.