To download EBSCO e-books onto your portable device, you will need three things:
- A My EBSCOhost account
- An Adobe ID
- The EBSCO eBook app for iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire and Nook.
Once you've installed the EBSCO eBook app, follow the steps below to download books to your device.
- Enter your Adobe ID or create a new one, then tap to authorize the device.
- Select "Find books" in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be asked to choose your library. Select "United States" from the drop-down menu, then New Jersey, and select "Caldwell University" from the list of available libraries.
- Log in with your Caldwell NetID and password.
- Once you've successfully logged in, you can search for books or browse by category.
- Once you find a book you would like to check out, tap the "Download (Offline)" link.
- Log in with your personal My EBSCOhost account, or create a new account if you do not already have one.
- Select your checkout period (in days) from the drop-down list, your desired format (if both EPUB and PDF are available for that particular book), then click "Checkout & Download."
- Once the eBook has been successfully downloaded to your device, you can tap to read the book or search for more titles.
For more information on the EBSCO eBooks app, click here. You can also view a tutorial from EBSCO here.